Meet Your Wellington Orthodontist
Dr. Jonathan Murray is a Board Certified Orthodontist who joined the practice in 2020. Originally from Boca Raton, he and his wife Allie are thrilled to call South Florida home again. Dr. Murray received his Bachelor of Science degree from Duke University, where he was also a diehard Duke Basketball fan! He attended dental school at Nova Southeastern University, where he graduated at the top of his class and was inducted into the Omicron Kappa Upsilon Dental Honor Society. He then pursued his dream of becoming an Orthodontist and completed a 3-year Orthodontic Residency Program at the University of Florida (Go Gators!), receiving a Certificate in Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics and a Master of Science Degree.
Why an Orthodontist in Wellington?
Orthodontist vs. Dentist
An orthodontist is a dentist, but a dentist is not an Orthodontist. All orthodontists are dentists first, but though not every dentist has the qualifications to be an orthodontist. Dr. Murray continued his formal education for 2 or 3 additional years before receiving the necessary license and certification. As an orthodontist, Dr. Murray has spent years studying nothing but how and why to move teeth. This includes what to do, how to plan, and how to execute the appropriate treatment plan.
Why does it matter if you see your Wellington Orthodontist?
Specialists receive additional training to give them the skills needed to deal with more complex orthodontic problems. Dentists receive basic orthodontic training which allows them to perform root canals, extract wisdom teeth, and treat young children who do not need to see an orthodontist yet.
Seeing a specialist like your Wellington orthodontist may change your experience in braces by:
- Providing additional treatment options.
- Giving you more efficient treatment and visits, because it is the office's primary area of care.
- Knowing that you'll receive the best possible outcome on your treatment plan, especially if you have severe bite problems that need to be addressed.
- Personal experience treating multiple cases that share your unique concerns
- Being seen more quickly, as a family dentist will be focused on longer patient cases or emergencies throughout the day.
- You may think it's easier to have your orthodontic work completed by your dentist. Convenience shouldn't be a concern, because you will only be stopping by your Wellington orthodontist's offices every six to eight weeks.
And don't let price be a problem either! Murray & Taylor Orthodontics is proud to provide affordable treatment in the Wellington area.